Lifetime Care: Concierge Medicine As You Age
A Guide to Primary Care Considerations for Each Age Group
As you get older, receiving personalized medical care becomes more important. Concierge medicine doctors know the intricacies of your medical history, allowing them to properly diagnose and treat diseases and conditions when and if they arise.
Life is filled with all sorts of surprises that can come at any time. At Signature Medicine, we customize our programs to work for you at every point in your life — no matter what surprises may come your way.
Here is a guide to what we focus on for each age group.
While 35 may sound like an early age to start thinking about long-term health decisions, that’s when we start lifetime care at Signature Medicine.
As we approach and reach middle age, healthy lifestyle choices are crucial to maintaining a youthful outlook. For example, we help with:
- Weight management: We help you achieve or maintain a healthy weight through dietary planning and exercise programs.
- Quitting smoking and tobacco use: When it comes to giving up tobacco, there’s no time like the present, so we can help you kick this habit before it has a chance to do any more damage to your body.
- Stress reduction: The 35-50 age range can also be one of the most stressful stages of life, as the pressures associated with raising a family and managing a career can create anxiety that accelerates aging. Our stress reduction helps you learn to handle these sources of stress to improve both your mental and physical well-being.
- Early detection: Early detection is the key to effectively managing many major illnesses.
- On-demand care: Life is extremely busy during this time, so it’s important to be able to quickly get medical care when you need it, from the convenience of your home or work, whether a same-day in-office appointment, a video telelconference checkup, or secure convenient text checkup. No need to leave work early or find a babysitter to get the care you need.
This is the most productive stage of life, and we appreciate this by aiming to provide you with convenient, top-quality care.
The ages of 50 to 70 are especially vital because life-altering, potentially deadly diseases and health events become more likely. This is the time of life when serious conditions most often show their first symptoms, contributing to heart attacks and strokes, which are among the leading causes of death for this age group. To prevent and manage these factors, we help with:
- High blood pressure
- Heart attack
- Thyroid problems
- Perimenopausal symptoms
- Sleep disorders (insomnia, sleep apnea)
Many of these conditions can be prevented or reduced with the services available in our concierge medicine program. Treatment of every condition is fully optimized to make sure no stone is left unturned and you are on the right path to wellness. And part of being optimized is being to reach Dr. Sitapara for on-demand care.
Ages 70 and Over
People in this age group typically depend on multiple daily medications to maintain their health’s status quo. We do more than medications alone can, as we evaluate and address your health concerns to ensure that your golden years are as long as healthy as they can be.
The average adult over 70 will take more than eight pills a day to address various ailments. Our holistic medicine approach evaluates your need for these medications, and we work to improve your health in a fundamental way. This is where a personal physician with expertise in senior wellness and geriatrics will make a major impact on your life.
Why Concierge Medicine
Concierge medicine allows you to take control of your health at various stages of your life. Each age group has some common concerns, but we always take the time to learn about you and build you a personal health plan. We customize our health services to provide you with the support you need most. To do this, we look at your age, medical history, and other risk factors.
We care about your convenience. Concierge medicine provides you 24/7 access to call, send an email, or text your doctor at your convenience. We communicate with other specialists so that you don’t have to interpret information from different doctors.
No matter your age, the best time to start attending to your health is right now! For the best in concierge medicine, request a consultation with us today!