State of the art treatment for cellulite reduction and removal
Body contouring offers a solution to troublesome cellulite, which builds in pockets around the body and doesn’t fade, even with weight loss. With body contouring treatment, it is possible to feel confident and youthful in your skin, without the pesky appearance of cellulite.
At Signature Medicine, our medical spa offers comprehensive body contouring services that target cellulite and restore firmness and elasticity to the skin.
Body Contouring Treatment for Cellulite Removal
Body contouring therapy works to dissolve fat and tighten skin for a more youthful, firm and smooth appearance. This form of cellulite treatment is non-invasive and often painless, and treatments require little to no recovery and downtime.
What is Cellulite?
Cellulite is a deposit of fat that accumulates just beneath the skin. The fat interferes with the sub-dermal connective tissue, resulting in the development of textured pockets of dimpled, lumpy skin. Cellulite can develop in men and women of all ages, though it most commonly affects women.
Causes of cellulite include:
- Hormonal changes, including puberty and menopause
- A family history of cellulite
- Eating a diet rich in fat, carbohydrates and salt
- Regular tobacco use
There are three stages to cellulite:
- Grade 1: This is the onset of cellulite, in which damage is not clearly visible but the firmness and texture of the skin is starting to change.
- Grade 2: At this level, cellulite begins to grow more severe and dimpling of the skin will become more evident.
- Grade 3: This is the most severe level of cellulite, in which the skin appears lumpy and lacks much of its original firmness.
Body contouring treatment can target cellulite at any stage, but the earlier the better. Targeting cellulite in the early stages of its development will lead to more effective treatment.